Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Update

Just a quick update on the baby front. Around the time of my last appointment, I did my GTT test (Glucose Tolerance Test) to test for Gestational Diabetes and am happy to say that I passed. Since I have diabetes in my family I am at higher risk to get it when pregnant so I am always glad to hear that I passed. When they do the GTT test they also take blood to check for Anemia. Unfortunately, I didn't pass that test, my hemoglobin is low and I am now on an extra Iron supplement in addition to my pre-natals. They want to see that number go up, being anemic is making me very tired, but otherwise I feel ok, but it can cause problems for the baby and at the time of delivery because of blood loss, so hopefully these supplements will do the trick and next time they check I will be ok.

No comments: