Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Diaper Shower Pictures (finally)

I am finally getting around to posting about the diaper shower that was given to me by my wonderful husband back in June. For those that don't know, a diaper shower is usually given for second or subsequent pregnancies instead of a traditional shower. The Mommy-to-be receives diapers (which everyone needs no matter how long ago your last shower was) and of course there are variations of the diaper shower, a friend of mine from grad school had a board book & wine shower where everyone brought a board book for the baby and a bottle of wine for the Mom-to-be! It was so nice to have the shower and really celebrate this baby, up until that point both Matt and I hadn't really relaxed about the pregnancy or really enjoyed it, we still feel very guarded given what we went through last summer and in the beginning of this pregnancy. So the shower was a wonderful way to celebrate this baby. It was a small affair just the immediate family, Great-Grandmas, Grandma's and Aunt's and cousins and sister. Matt did a lot of work and I helped him with some shower ideas since the poor man really didn't know what he was getting into. I had a really fun time and everyone that was there said they had a lot of fun too. We had two games that were diaper themed and we did onesie decorating (and I keep getting compliments about how cute they turned out) and lunch, cake and opened some presents. I got a big surprise from Matt, my Mom and Matt's Mom, they all went in together and got the double stroller I had my eye on. It was such a nice surprise. I got lot's of diapers and we are pretty well stocked for baby's arrival and I also received some other goodies which was also a nice surprise. All in all it was a very fun day and it will always be a special part of this pregnancy.
Diaper Cake

Mom playing name that baby food

Logan sneaking some food

Onesie decorating time

Logan's decorated Onesie for the baby

All the finished Onesies (I have gotten many compliments on them, I have such talented family)

We received lots of diapers and come other cute stuff as well!


The double stroller I really wanted, a big surprise from Matt, my Mom and Matt's Mom!

All the loot!!
A big thank you to our family for coming out to celebrate this pregnancy and this baby. It's been a long road to get here but we are nearing the end now and I am glad we took a day out to celebrate!

No comments: